Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VGH_Jacob
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Sat 05 Feb 2011, 3:39 am

First time questioners, Please read:

This is the thread for people to post their questions to the guys of the podcast. The questions can be anything!

PLEASE READ ALL OTHER QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING YOURS TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE ELSE HASN'T ALREADY ASKED IT.

Back to top Go down
http://www.videogamehenchmen.com/
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:18 pm

Have you found yourself going against the norm of the gaming masses? like finding a boss that others find easy very hard or parts of games that some found really hard that you found relatively easy?

all the water temples in zelda games. i hear people bitch and bitch and bitch about them but ive never had problems with them. just pay attention to where you are and you wont get confused

Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:19 pm

One of the major claims of the upcoming FPS game Homefront is that the characters in the game who fight alongside you are susceptible to human emotions such as grief, rage, and shock.

This view of the "imperfect" soldier who can't handle killing 150 enemies in a row without stopping to reflect on the lives he just took is much different than what most FPS game characters are now. But could this be a bad thing? One could argue that an FPS character who is detatched from reality could leave more of a lasting impact than one who has to contemplate his actions.

Is the badass FPS character more attractive than the human one?
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:20 pm

There are rumours that Skyrim will feature a drastically scaled back (or possibly no) spell creation feature, instead relying more on spells being somewhat context sensitive (casting on the ground will create spell "mines", holding the button down will create a spray etc.)

Two Worlds 2 however seems to have a much more robust system for spells, but its complexity could be a bit of a barrier to entry. Do you think these different systems reflect the developers difference in size (the larger bethesda catering to a more "gamey" crowd) and which of these systems do you think would make you feel more like a "bad ass mage?"

Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:21 pm

Sorry if this question has been asked before in past viewer questions but I am a huge Demon's Souls fan and am super excited about the upcoming Dark Souls due to the removal of the Nexus and them implementing an open world. My question is:

Do you guys have a game that you love or hate that you think would do well switching from a linear world to an open world or an open world game having a larger open world? What game and why?
Back to top Go down
IMDREAMINGBIG
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:41 pm

Which way of storytelling do you prefer? Do you favour either:

1) A story told through cut scenes e.g. Uncharted 2 or Assassins Creed
2) A story told during the game e.g. Half Life 2 or Bioshock
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:43 pm

the first time i beat fallout 1, the overseer was talking to me about how i saved everyone, how i was a hero, as well as the biggest threat to the vault. The sad thing is, I sided with the vault overseer. he was right in a way, and i could tell how difficult it was for him. When the cutscene ended, he started to go back to the vault. Then i heard combat mode open and saw my character move by themself. i tried to stop it, trying to get out of combat mode, but it was impossible. my character, outside of my control, killed a man who i agreed with and didn't want to see die.

Have you ever had a gaming moment where your character did something that you completely disagreed with, even to the point of hating them in a way? regardless of if you were in control of it or not?
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:45 pm

In general when I play games, I always seem to suffer from a "pack rat" mentality, as I am sure many other gamers do. What I mean by this is a strong reluctance to use powerful weapons, items, or abilities, fearing that something more difficult may be just around the corner. What ends up happening is that I either finish the game with many powerful things unused, or I end up struggling to the end of the game, and breeze through the final boss.

Is there any way that developers can alleviate this problem? Should players be forced to use their items at various points throughout the game to prevent this sort of buildup?
Back to top Go down
Joemama
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:46 pm

With the recent announcment of Clint Mansell (Fountain, Black Swan, Requiem) set to score Mass Effect 3, when do you think the rest of hollywood will jump on board with gaming. With gaming budgets upwards of 50 million these days, they can afford to pay high quality actors to voice characters. Could you imagine marketing a game with Jeff Bridges and Tom Hanks at the forefront? Why do devs insist on using generic voices from around the studio?
Back to top Go down
Death by Kuvasz
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:46 pm

I am upset because all my roommates do all day everyday is play nazi zombies in Call of duty: Black ops. How do I convince them to play something else that doesn't suck as much? I'm really sick of hearing "max ammo!" every 5 minutes and the phrase "lets grab some jugs" has lost all appeal. help :[
Back to top Go down
Sagamore
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:47 pm

What is your favorite couple in a video game?

or you can even mix and match with other games who would make a great couple.

Happy Belated Valentines Wink
Back to top Go down
Venusflywap
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:48 pm

Why do most people think Guillermo Del Toro will instantly have success in the video game industry when there is no prior evidence to suggest he will? Sure he has made amazing moveis such as Pan's Labyrinth, Cronos, The Devil's Backbone, etc., but I don't see how that will instantly transfer to success in a new market. What are y'alls thoughts?
Back to top Go down
FightingCanucks
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:50 pm

Every now and then, you guys talk about demos that come out for games. A lot of the time, the demos do not meet your expectations in demonstrating the game properly to encourage a person to go out and buy it. My question is, what would you guys incorporate in a demo so that it shows off enough content to influence more people to buy the product. (eg. longer demos, demos that carry over perks to the full game upon release, showing off a particular segment in the game, etc.)
Back to top Go down
FairXChange
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   Fri 18 Feb 2011, 3:02 pm

So, as I was opening my station at the UCLA Broadcast Radio I received this letter in my Inbox and I just want to pass it on to you guys:

Question and you can PM me this if you want but do you have a designated area for your fans to send you guys stuff?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28   

Back to top Go down

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 28
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1