We're cheap and expendable.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What should we do for this day?
We should have BOTH TBM & playWISE
45%
 45% [ 5 ]
We should have ONLY playWISE
18%
 18% [ 2 ]
We should have ONLY TBM
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
We should NOT HAVE BOTH OF THEM and stick with the original crew.
36%
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 1:23 am

So, I need help from you guys who are awesome possum regulars.

We are having a little tough time deciding or at least I am having a tough time deciding...

Here is the situation:

On Saturday, December 11,2009 Spike TV is having a VGA's live at 8:00 EST. Now, VGH is going to have a cool new event, accompanying this and it is pretty much us live broadcasting SPIKE TV's Video Game Awards on our Justin.TV while we do a commentary on the background as well have an Audio for a Special Podcast which will also be posted up on our site for the audiophiles. Now, what I am going to ask you is that, I want to invite playWISE & TBM to join us with our VGA VGH Bonanza Festivities. The question is, do you want VGH to just do this exclusively with the original VGH crew? or Would you like to hear more sides of the story, and other opinionated responses with these both affiliations.

So vote on the poll on what we should do!
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
VGH_David
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 3:19 am

With all of this growth we have gone through, we need to make sure we stay close to what made us popular with our fans in the first place. A bunch of regular, intelligent, guys giving their take on video games.

If we start to include business affiliations in all of our operations, we run the risk of losing our unique identity, and losing some of what distinguishes us/

I think these affiliations and partnerships are a great idea, and in the long run will benefit all parties...only if they are carefully managed.

The only thing that is more important than the growth of our site, is that we keep the interests of Video Game Henchmen our number one priority.

At this moment in time, I am not sure frequently including representatives from our affiliates is in our best interest. The six of us together watching the VGA's will be far more comfortable for everybody, and will lead to an overall better product for our readers.

Of course I will support any decision we make, and do my best to make sure it is done as best as it can be done.

No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
TheNameAlreadyExists
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 9:30 am

In all honesty, I think Ben from playWISE presents a good foundation regarding video games. During the podcast from what I have heard he showed excellent background information on the games that was discussed while Gerry didn't really know anything at all.

Having them is not a bad deal, or anything but it will bring a natural and good change of habit for the VGH. When you think about it "unique" identity does not really present something as an issue because I feel like if you have unique identities now, what difference does it make if you have a few more people tossed in within the mix.

Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 9:34 am

This is a pimp idea, but I sorta agree on TheNameAlreadyExists on this one. I feel like you guys are strong enough to know each other and even if you have a few people I know that it wouldn't hurt you guys because your identities are already unique and it wouldn't be watered down with all these other people because I know you guys will do your best to express whatever you guys have to offer. Just enjoy what you they have to offer! Don't stress about all this stuff. Have fun and I cannot wait to listen to what you guys have to say about the VGA's.

I want an extra side of cussing and Oreo Farts!

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 9:37 am

To be honest, I have check both of their sites and they don't really have anything to show off or put down on the table. I feel like VGH has way much more stuff incorporated in their site and they have super cool features. I say, just stick with the original gang, cause I mean new people is good and all but who wants to change the good ol' original recipe.

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 9:41 am

I like them, I like new people. Plus, why not change up the recipe a little bit now and then. I mean sure they aren't going to be there on every single podcast but wouldn't it be nice to actually get to know the guys and see their side of the story as well? I mean, there is no competition here no doubt. I am going to be VGH forever that's for sure but it's always good to know other peoples points of views regarding a certain situation. It's like being in a room with a LSU and Gators Fan.
Back to top Go down
FairXChange
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 9:47 am

Like SuperDave said this is a really cool idea and it would be an excellent tradition for forth coming television specials such as E3 and TokyoGameShow etc...etc...

Diversity is usually the key to success, and I believe that if you know people from around your area that is going through the same situations it should just be a helping hand for everyone. Help them out, and they will surely return the favor someday. You guys have nothing to lose, plus they seem pretty knowledgable regarding what games to talk about. (at least, Ben was.) But surely, you guys will do fine either way.

I will make sure to tune in to your JTV that day though!
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 10:06 am

I really see no problem regarding the issue of them coming over and doing a collaborative Podcast with you guys.

Quote :
If we start to include business affiliations in all of our operations, we run the risk of losing our unique identity, and losing some of what distinguishes us/

I'm sure they are not going to be in ALL of them. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
I think these affiliations and partnerships are a great idea, and in the long run will benefit all parties...only if they are carefully managed.

Well they are pretty much managed by Lance, who is sort of the owner of the site...so I mean he should know best right?

Quote :
The only thing that is more important than the growth of our site, is that we keep the interests of Video Game Henchmen our number one priority.

Who says you are straying a part from your number one priority...it's not like your changing your core values and goals. You are still VGH no matter what, and if you think that inviting them will change your priority then you should check up on what your priority really is...

Quote :

At this moment in time, I am not sure frequently including representatives from our affiliates is in our best interest. The six of us together watching the VGA's will be far more comfortable for everybody, and will lead to an overall better product for our readers.

Again, they aren't going to be in the podcast all the time! I understand you guys want some alone time and that is respectable but sometimes to be honest and I know truth hurts but you guys barely make a full casted Podcast because some people either have to leave early or some people do not show up at all and it's a little aggravating how you guys are selfishly wanting to do this by yourselves when the listeners can't even trust you guys to be there half the time.

Quote :
Of course I will support any decision we make, and do my best to make sure it is done as best as it can be done.

I am glad you support the decision, because sometimes you just have to accept a few changes and sometimes change can be good.

Overall, I like the idea of having a few new faces in the Awards Commentary. It wouldn't hurt plus I am sure that they would want to have their viewers check up on the VGH Justin.tv which will boost up your stats. I am harsh now, I know and I am not usually like this. Enjoy it! Have fun, relax a bit. Sometimes you guys are so uptight about stuff that shouldn't really be uptight about.

Whatever you guys decide, I will fully support just know that your fans will still follow you even if you are in the pits.

or at least I will.

Back to top Go down
VGH_Evan
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   Mon 06 Dec 2010, 12:51 pm

The reason we know Ben is because Gerry invited him along for the last podcast, I wasn't even aware that Ben was separate from the buttonmasherz, I like Ben and he's really knowledgeable but he now wants to bring along 2 other people, I just feel that people keep wanting to bring more and more people that there has to be a set limit.

Personally too as of right now I feel as though we giving these guys way too much without receiving anything in return. On Playwise, the words video game henchmen are not even mentioned anywhere on the site, except the one video of us from our podcast. Then for Buttonmasherz we were told we would be higher up on the "partnership" list, instead we're on the very bottom.

I have nothing against these guys personally, but I'd like to see more from them that benefits our site before we invite them to our recordings.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!   

Back to top Go down

Video Game Awards VGH Special Event Poll!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1