HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forgotten_Gamer

PostSubject: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 12:41 pm

First time questioners, Please read:

This is the thread for people to post their questions to the guys of the podcast. The questions can be anything!

PLEASE READ ALL OTHER QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING YOURS TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE ELSE HASN'T ALREADY ASKED IT.

Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 7:56 pm

Do you think Guitar Hero was as influencial on society as the Tony Hawk series?
Do you think more kids took up music from playing Guitar Hero like how more kids took up skateboarding from playing Tony Hawk games?
Back to top Go down
Superdave513
DONATOR
DONATOR

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:09 am

With games like Enslaved, Fallout, Metro 2033 and the upcoming Rage, do you guys believe that the whole "post apocalyptic" theme/setting in games is becoming a new trend? Do you believe it will continue to thrive and become a genre all its own or will it eventually become an old, outdated theme in games and just diminish and become second thought with game developers?

Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:10 am

Has there been a game that made you want to learn a langauge, weither it be a real one or a fake one, like okami's giberish speak or hylian from legend of zelda?
Back to top Go down
BlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:11 am

Lately, we've seen a couple new collaborative works come out of Japan, ie, the Suda/Mikami partnership, maybe even Level-5 taking on a Capcom contract.

Taking an existing IP of your choice, which development teams would you select to develop certain parts of a game regardless of contracts or other legal agreements/issues. Limit of 4 developer teams, to keep it reasonable, I guess.

IE, Platinum Games for a action beat-em up combat system while Ninja Theory handles the story and presentation, with Retro Studios focusing on level design, and the Portal team handling puzzle design... for say... the next Castlevania?
Back to top Go down
Zombie Toast

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:17 am

Last week an industry analyst, Michael Pachter, has said that there most likely won't be any new next generation games console from the likes of Sony or Microsoft as gaming would be delivered through 'cloud' based services such as OnLive (games streamed using your internet connection from an online service to your TV or PC)

I personally am not happy with this idea for many reasons, but I think that the members of VideoGameHenchmen represent the majority of gamers thanks to your individual tastes in genres, so do you feel that it's possible for 'cloud' based gaming to be successful at these times when disc based games are still the preferred format? Or do you think that since we are getting more used to downloadable titles via PSN and XBLA that there is a good opportunity for streamed gaming?

Also consider whether your gaming experience may be degraded by poor streaming performance or how the limitations of such a system may mean Michael Pachter is thinking way too far ahead and actually the majority will want nothing to do with it?
Back to top Go down
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:19 am

All too often, we see a preview/trailer for a game showing amazing potential and promise, yet the end product turns out bland or uninspiring. We wish that these games could be given a second chance and be redone in a different way to realize their full potential.

My question to you is: What game(s) do you believe deserve a revision/remake in order to show their true capabilities?
Back to top Go down
Left4DeadFan

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:20 am

I forget where, but I thought I had heard Bioware was interested in starting another RPG IP. They are usually known for making very well fleshed out stories and characters that we love. My Question is, if any of you worked for Bioware as creative minds for the next big thing, what would you want to put together? (Meaning in terms of story, type of characters, how they would fit into your plot, type of gameplay, type of genre, ect.)
Back to top Go down
MrZero1982
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:20 am

What is your favorite bad game? A game you consider to be of below average quality, but you still like, for whatever charm it may have.
Back to top Go down
Green_Dominator
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:22 am

Would you rather pay 80 dollars upfront for a game OR pay the current 60 dollars with 20 dollars worth of important story content related DLC (such as mass effect) trickle out over the course of a few months?

Once I beat a game im done and I could care less about DLC so id rather pay the 80 dollars and get everything upfront.

P.S. Love the show, Bless your hearts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12   

Back to top Go down

Q & A - Henchmen Cast - Episode 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1