We're cheap and expendable.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VGH_Lance
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 8:13 am

Hey guys, as you already know VGH has been trying to get all our forum members as involved as possible so we would like to introduce to you guys a new segment in the podcast, called "The Henchmen 5". Basically, the whole premise of this new segment is pretty much similar to a Top 5 but instead of just a regular regurgitated Top 5 list, we would also be naming the Worst 5 in contrast to it. So, for example Top 5 Fast Foods, and Top 5 WORST Fast Foods. It's something to keep our minds going as well as the forums. The topic of the Henchmen 5 will be voted upon after every single podcast, and will be up on this section mostly.

But since we are going to go ahead and try this new segment I will go ahead and unanimously pick a topic to get us started.

Henchmen 5's Best and Worst Side-Characters that need their own game

If you have any ideas regarding Henchmen 5's, There will be a thread on the Podcast Section regarding your feedback!
Back to top Go down
http://videogamehenchmen.com
shivertimbermike

PostSubject: Re: The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 8:37 am

Barry Wheeler and his game will be called Barry Wheeler.
I would see it more being a DLC of Alan Wake where Barry has his Eye of Mordor and Infinite Flare Guns. It would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Venusflywap
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 8:49 am

5. Rinnosuke (Touhou series)
A male half human/yokai shop owner selling goods that he only knows the name of. The main game series has a dominent female cast but it would be nice to have a guy in there for a change of pace.

4. Kuaser (RE4)
I would love to see Kuaser get more love. Lots of hate on him for some reason but I like him. He is a soldier and worked with leon on atleast 1 mission. it would be interesting to see his story and how he met wesker and everything.

3. Pey'j (Beyond Good and Evil)
he's a pig that farts to fly. aside from that, i became really interested in his backstory and the story of Jade's parents. Id love to see him get his own game as a prequal or something.

2. Rundas (Metroid prime 3)
I really liked this guy. His ice powers, using them to fly around was just plain cool and his scan log made me like him more. I would love to see him get his own game, just seeing how different he would play then samus in the same universe.

1. WAKA (Okami)
i weren't spoiler his past but theres a lot of mystery about this guy and I would love to see a story of his life from his perspective. I got the vibe that he could use some of the paint brush powers so it could work with a similar gameplay style.

Back to top Go down
SirJames
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 8:56 am

I'm only going to put 3, as that's all I can think of right now xP

3. Wesker (Resident Evil)
I think it'd work as more of a Resident Evil 4 type game, but with more emphasis on hand to hand combat. Maybe the game can revolve around another storyline, but through the eyes of Wesker instead. Maybe focus on what he did between the games. See from the point of the villain, and his struggles between himself and the heroes.

2. Frank Fontaine (Bioshock)
I want to see how this guy was able to manipulate people so well. How he gained power, and all the shit he got himself into trying to take down Andrew Ryan. I think it'd be interesting to learn more about him and see everything from his point of view.

1. Ford Crueller (Psychonauts)
This guy was once a legend, but a psychic battle broke his mind and he started to go insane. I want to experience what he did to become such a hero. All the epic battles he took part in, his journey to become a psychonaut, (as he was one of the originals) all the way up to the fight where he lost his mind.
Back to top Go down
Magnum Force

PostSubject: Re: The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 9:04 am

5. Bowser/Luigi (Super Mario)- The King of the Koopas and the green one. I'm cheating here a bit to avoid putting two Mario characters on the list but both of these characters deserve their own games. Luigi had Luigi's Mansion but Mario managed to stick his big nose in it. Bowser was great fun to play as in Bowser's Inside Story. I would like to see both of these guys get a game completely free and devoid of the Red Plumber.

4. Goofy (Kingdom Hearts)- Goofy is without a doubt the reason to play Kingdom Hearts. He never left my party in either of the games. There were so many times I wanted to stop playing as Sora and switch over to being Goofy. If Epic Mickey does well then perhaps we could see Goofy getting his. Imagine a Demon's Souls style game with Goofy, lots of different shields and techniques. He deserves it.

3. Team Rocket (Pokémon)- I think most people will agree that since the GSC entries (maybe even before that) into the series the Pokémon franchise has been rather stale. The series is in need of a perspective shift in a big way and giving Team Rocket their own game could be just the thing the series needs. Tweens collecting monsters and badges while stopping Evil Force #75 just doesn't cut it anymore. The long time fans are grown up now, let us have some control over what happens to our characters. If we want to be bad then so be it.

2. Dracula (Castlevania)- The Lord of Castlevania. For as long as anyone can remember he's inflicted fear and terror to all who know of his existence. The stories tell of powers so great that even Death bows before them. All of those foolish enough to venture into Castlevania know these stories of his power are all true. How would it feel to wield this power for yourself? How did this person come into possession of this power in the first place? I don't know about you all but I would love to find out.

1. Alyx Vance (Half-Life 2)- Not only can she handle herself in a gun fight, but she is one of the few female game characters that makes sensible clothing choices. Alyx was there for us every step of the way on our journey through Half-Life 2 and its additional episodes. When we got to a problem we couldn't solve she was there to lead the way. She is definitely a character I want to spend more time with, lets learn more about her by taking a walk in her shoes.

Honorable mentions:

Charlotte Aulin (Castlevania)- Imagine her at some point in the future when her spells are much more powerful than Portrait of Ruin.

Frog (Chrono Trigger)

Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)

Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Soul Calibur) He's kooky enough and I think there is just enough lore there to build something off of.

Claptrap (Borderlands)
Back to top Go down
Joemama
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 9:15 am

Zevran (Dragon Age: Origins)

Largo Potter and Eleanor Varrot (Valkyria Chronicles): Do a prequel based on the First European War with young Largo and Eleanor under the command of Welkin's father.

Garrus (Mass Effect)

The Boss (MGS3)

Seth Balmore (Lost Odyssey): She spent many years as a pirate. The game could focus on particularly on this area of her life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)   

Back to top Go down

The Henchmen 5! (Implemented on this newest cast!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1